Taking a break from the increasingly difficult first three Captive Minecraft maps, Winter Realm brings the series back to its roots.
You drop into this untouched snowy forest, with only a nearby spruce tree to help you prepare for your new adventure. Surrounding you is the World Border - an impenetrable wall which prevents you from leaving the block you’re standing on. For each Minecraft achievement you earn, the World Border will increase in size. Just out of your reach are some supply chests filled with everything you need to begin mining downwards into the world.
So if you’re looking for a fun adventure to be had alone or with friends - even if you’re relatively new to Minecraft - then Captive Minecraft: Winter Realm is the map for you. Earn those achievements, make the most of your restricted world, and see if you can finish the game!
GAMEPLAY TIPS & HINTS
- Everything you need to solve the Winter Vault is in that room. Also, there's no way you can do anything wrong that would "break" the Vault, so feel free to experiment!
- After completing certain Monuments in the Room of Monuments, you'll be joined by some new friends to help you progress. It’s best not to cover up (or break!) that Quartz block you spawn on.
- Multiplayer is supported - you can hold ‘Tab’ to see a list of online players. This will also show who has earned the most achievements and contributed most to the size of the World Border.
- Try your best to set up a renewable source of food early on. Plenty of food will help when exploring the world.
- Despite the small world size, all achievements are possible! You might need to do some exploring, or think outside the box...
- If you're not sure of the blocks you need to use for the Room of Monuments, stand right up close to one and jump.
ADDITIONAL CHALLENGE - ULTRA MOBS
This is for the Minecraft veterans and pros out there. As an optional way of making the game more difficult, Ultra Mobs have been built right into Captive Minecraft IV. This will make all the Creepers, Zombies, Skeletons and Spiders that spawn in the world much harder to deal with. Creepers will explode after receiving any damage, Zombies get super speed, Skeletons are equipped with much more powerful bows, and Spiders will summon Cave Spiders when killed. Recommended only if you're after an extra challenge - not for new players!
To enable Ultra Mobs, type the following into chat:
/gamerule UltraMobs 1
You can disable Ultra Mobs again by entering the same command, but replacing the 1 with 0.
HOW TO PLAY ON REALMS
Minecraft Realms is an online multiplayer server provided my Mojang themselves. It’s the easiest way to play with your friends online, because Mojang takes care of all the server setup for you. You can also join up for a free trial.
1. If you have Minecraft Realms, Captive Minecraft IV is ready to go! Open Minecraft and go to Realms settings.
2. Select a save slot, hit ‘Reset World’, then choose ‘Adventure Maps’.
3. Select ‘Captive Minecraft: Winter Realm’ to play.
If you don’t have Minecraft Realms, you can still play Captive Minecraft IV:
Captive Minecraft IV is a regular world save, meaning you can play it in vanilla Minecraft without any mods. No resource pack is required, so feel free to play with your own favourite pack.
- Download Captive Minecraft IV using the link below
- Unarchive the compressed file. Inside this folder is the ‘Captive Minecraft IV’ world save.
- Move the world save into your ‘saves’ folder. It will then be accessible from your single player menu.
Captive Minecraft IV was designed to be played using Minecraft 1.10, however it can also be played on Minecraft 1.9.
Because it uses the repeating and chain Command Blocks, it cannot be played on Minecraft 1.8. It also cannot be played on any of the Minecraft 1.11 snapshots.
NO WORLD SAVE IN SINGLE PLAYER MENU
You probably haven't placed the right folder into your saves folder. Go back to the 'Captive Minecraft IV Install Files' folder you downloaded and look inside. The correct world save folder is called 'Captive Minecraft IV - Winter Realm' - move this into your saves folder.
WRONG WORLD (MULTIPLAYER SERVER)
You have either mis-spelled the Captive Minecraft IV world name in server.properties, or you've moved the wrong world save folder to your server. In this case, see the previous troubleshooting tip.
ROOM OF MONUMENTS ISSUES
If your computer can't handle the Room of Monuments (graphical glitches, or extreme lag), type the following into chat to convert the Monuments back into old-fashioned Monuments from Captive II and III:
/gamerule SimpleMonuments 1
NO WORLD BORDER
Please ensure you're playing the map using Minecraft 1.9 or above. If you're running a multiplayer server, make sure you have command blocks set to enabled in server.properties.
CANNOT CHANGE GAME MODE
It is highly recommended you play the game in survival mode, otherwise certain events will not be triggered. However, to be able to change your game mode just type the following into chat:
/scoreboard players tag @p add Admin
You'll be given constant night vision, since this is a feature intended for the makers of the map. To go back to normal, type the following into chat:
/scoreboard players tag @p remove Admin
If you come across any bugs or issues while playing Captive Minecraft, or have a question, please send an email to the Farlanders using the button below. Please include your current map version (check the 'version history' text file in your download folder) and the version of Minecraft you're running.