Captive Minecraft is a new survival game type that traps you in a world border - an impenetrable wall which prevents you from exploring the world surrounding you.
When you first begin, the space you have available is quite limited - you can’t move further than the block you spawn on. However, for each Minecraft achievement you earn, the world border increases in each direction by one block. As your captive world slowly expands, you gain access to new resources, special areas, and rewards.
You can play single player, or with your friends on a server. Earn those achievements, make the most of your restricted new home, and see if you can finish the game!
GAMEPLAY TIPS AND HINTS
- After completing certain achievements, you'll get some new "friends" join you in your world to help you progress. It’s best not to cover up that Quartz block you spawn on.
- You can hold ‘tab’ to see a list of online players. This will also show who has earned the most achievements and contributed most to the size of the world border.
- Try your best to set up a renewable source of food early on. Those reward chests aren’t exactly generous.
- Despite the small world size, all achievements are possible! You might need to do some exploring, or think outside the box...
Captive Minecraft I is a regular world save, meaning you can play it in vanilla Minecraft without any mods.
- Download Captive Minecraft I using the link below.
- Unarchive the compressed file. Inside this folder is the ‘Captive Minecraft I’ world save.
- Move the world save into your ‘saves’ folder. It will then be accessible from your single player menu.
If you come across any bugs or issues while playing Captive Minecraft, or have a question, please contact the Farlanders.