Difficulty : Normal
Gameplay : Survival
Captive Minecraft is a new Survival gametype utilising 1.8's World Borders.
You spawn in a 1x1 box. For each Minecraft Achievement you get, the World Border widens by half a block in each direction. As your captive world slowly expands, you gain access to more and more resources. You'll have no trouble Getting Wood or Taking Inventory, but suddenly making that Cake and riding a Pig off a cliff isn't quite so simple...
Best played with a group of great friends, although single player makes for some good old fashioned Minecraft fun. Get as many Achievements as you can!
Over 100,000 downloads in the first two weeks!
Captive Minecraft now on Planet Minecraft! Go give it some love.
This isn't a mod, it's a world save, meaning you can play it in vanilla Minecraft! To get it up and running, you need to be running Minecraft 1.8. If you open this world in an earlier version of Minecraft, it will break.
Download the world save, place it in your /minecraft/saves folder and unzip it. You'll be able to access it from your single player menu now.
If you're going to run a server, you MUST have Command Blocks enabled in server.properties!
- You can hold TAB to see who of your friends has earned the most Achievements.
- There seems to be a bug at the moment where Chickens will die immediately if they touch the World Border if it's set to an even number. Make sure to lock them up as soon as they spawn!
- Due to obvious limitations, the "On a Rail" Achievement cannot be completed.
- At this point, when you visit the End, you won't be able to move, as you are technically outside the World Border. Strangely, you don't seem to suffocate. This may change!
- Every now and then, you'll get some new "friends" join you in your world. Best not to cover up that first Quartz Block.
- Entering the Nether is intermittently successful. Don't take anything valuable, and try relogging if you're dying immediately.
- The Sniper Duel Achievement is possible! But you need to have a fair few Achievements under your belt before you can access the appropriate area...
Special thanks to Dragnoz for /scoreboard help, and to HiFolksImAdam (+Drag) for play testing.
Captive Minecraft Beta 1.6
- Requires Minecraft 1.8.
- The map is currently in BETA. If you find any bugs or want to give feedback or suggestions, please email email@example.com. Make sure you read the installation instructions first!
Check it out on Planet Minecraft!
Download the Wallpaper (2880x1800) here. Feel free to use it for thumbnails etc.
Had fun playing? Want to contribute? We accept small tips.
Beta 1.6 : Current version!
- Hopper Clocks no longer work outside the World Border. Implemented Redstone fix.
- You now cannot place blocks on the Quartz Block
- All new players have their spawn point set correctly. No more sky spawns!
- Filled in missing Eye of Ender and fixed a particular failsafe.
- Added Nether Wart and other treasures.
- Fix for Skeletons spawned outside of the World Border suffocating too quickly to shoot!
- No more "red warning" from World Border (added in 14w19a) unless you're on the very edge.
- Added more Iron and Lapis Lazuli to the world.
- Helpful Clownfish
- Removed Commands Blocks from Nether since they're now accessible with 1:1 World Borders
- Nether still seems to suffocate you. Relogging fixes.
- Added a few extra goodies to make those Chests more desirable than ever!
If you began playing before 1.4, use these two Commands to get up to speed with the bug fixes:
/worldborder damage buffer 70
/worldborder warning distance 0
- Due to difficulties with Nether suffocation in this snapshot, added an alternative way to acquire Sugar Cane so you can progress further. Good luck finding it. If you wish to continue playing the same world you’ve already been playing, please use the following Command once: /give @p minecraft:reeds
- Added more Gold Ore to the world. Allows for that sweet, sweet “Notch” Enchanted Apple without having to farm as many Zombie Pigmen.
- Fixed Ghast spawning to be less often, depending more on player location and increased to 46 total.
- 'Into Fire' is achievable without relying on the Nether.
- Fixed Pigs spawning 40 blocks above ground and dying from the fall.
- Removed accidental duplicate of hidden chest floating in sky.
- Added failsafes to Chest in Nether.
- Added more Diamond Ore to world.
- Added Nether floating island.
- Added extra Lava pools and Blaze Spawners to Nether. Also moved Nether Portal to avoid immediate suffocation. Still happens intermittently, but seems to work fine if you relog.
- Added manual announcements for players receiving Achievements.
- Added individual player scores for Achievements earned by holding TAB.
- Added Pigs spawning. Fixed Ghasts spawning.
- Functioning Commands for detecting Achievements.
- World Border functioning as intended.
- Custom world with hidden Chests, floating island and all Biomes.
- Nether optimised for Achievements.
You can check out our Reddit/Imgur post here.