Following soon after the release of the original Captive Minecraft, Captive Minecraft II features a whole new, much larger custom world. While the original focused on keeping the gameplay as ‘vanilla’ as possible, Captive Minecraft II has been designed from the ground up to offer more of a challenge.
It also introduces the Room of Monuments - a way of unlocking new treasures as you play through the game. During your adventure, you’ll come across a hall of glass pillars. Stand close enough to each pillar and it will reveal the material you need to find in order to complete that monument. Simply replace the glass with the specified block for your extra rewards and bonuses!
As always, Captive Minecraft is best played with a group of great friends, although single player makes for some good old fashioned Minecraft fun. Complete as many of the achievements as you can, adapt your gameplay style to this new restrictive world, and good luck completing the Room of Monuments!
GAMEPLAY TIPS & HINTS
- Never cover or break the Quartz block you first spawn on! That's where the monument rewards will appear.
- You can hold ‘tab’ to see a list of online players. This will also show who has earned the most achievements and contributed most to the size of the world border.
- Not all of the monument rewards will play nicely with each other if kept in the same area.
- Despite the small world size, all achievements are possible! You might need to do some exploring, or think outside the box...
Captive Minecraft II is a regular world save, meaning you can play it in vanilla Minecraft without any mods.
- Download Captive Minecraft II using the link below.
- Unarchive the compressed file. Inside this folder is the ‘Captive Minecraft II’ world save.
- Move the world save into your ‘saves’ folder. It will then be accessible from your single player menu.
Captive Minecraft II was designed to be played using Minecraft 1.11. It will not run properly on 1.12 because Achievements have been replaced by Advancements. The map may be fixed in a future update to work with Advancements.
It will be broken with any version of Minecraft earlier that 1.11.
Special thanks to Mad__Crafter and Xith for alpha testing.
If you come across any bugs or issues while playing Captive Minecraft, or have a question, you can reach out to @thefarlanders on Twitter. Please include your current map version by typing the following into chat: